Sunday, August 4, 2013

I am here

Captain's log 23456 

    I have journeyed far down under, to parts unknown. It has taken more than a day of travel on the ship (Emirates)... Okay jokes aside - 26 plus hours over 10,000 km and 3 hours of sleep generally makes up my trip to Australia. Have to say kudos to Dubai International Airport. Putting showers in the airport, best idea ever. 
    Two weeks, 6 classes later - I still can't believe I'm here. I keep on waiting for the shock - cultural or customs but I think that part of my brain is numb. I was told one of my exams is 10 hrs from 9 a.m to 7 p.m, so here I am week 2 on a Sunday in the library working on my assignments at 6 p.m here but somewhere in Kenya its midday. 

Ahhh Brisbane 
Why, Brisbane? That's the general question everyone's asked me - including my course conveyor. I can sum it up in 3 words - Sun (go figure its winter), Sand and Surf. Here's a look at what I'm taking about - pictures taken by phone so resolution will improve once I go(DT) DSLR. 

Fig 1,2: Street beach 


They have a street beach for those of us who can't make it to Gold Coast - that's main beach. Best of all its along the route for my campus. 

More pictures along my route:

















Fig 3. Wheel 
The Brisbane Wheel. Not sure if that's the name but will check. Go on a ride and see the whole city. 


















The Queensland Symphony Orchestra.


Fig. 4&5 - Part of the city. Separated by a river  
I'll post the other pictures later. Just realized its night time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment